NeoClear Aerolase is an innovative treatment for mild to severe acne. Until now, many laser systems were not an appropriate treatment for an active acne breakout. The NeoClear Aerolase uses laser therapy to provide a deep and gentle treatment to address all types of acne, so you finally have healthier, more beautiful skin.
What is NeoClear?
How Does it Work?
1. Dead skin cells and excess sebum cause pores to become blocked. P. acnes bacteria then begin to build up in the excess sebum, causing infection, inflammation, and, ultimately, acne.
2. The laser light excites P. acnes-produced porphyrins to produce singlet oxygen, a cytotoxic intermediate that destroys P. acnes bacteria.
3. Deep-heating, high power from the laser heats up the sebaceous glands, thus reducing their size and suppressing output of sebum.
4. The coagulation of blood capillaries in inflamed lesions blocks the inflammatory response and reduces pressure on the surrounding tissue, decreasing pain and erythema.
5. Water-based laser energy absorption in the deeper dermis causes collagen remodeling, resulting in improved skin texture and a reduction in acne scars.
6. The pore unblocks. The sebaceous gland shrinks and sebum output is reduced. Inflammation and redness are alleviated. The skin becomes cleaner and smoother.
There is no “downtime” following NeoClear treatments. You may return to your normal daily activities immediately, though as with any laser treatment, you should wear a sunblock recommended by your skin care professional and avoid direct sunlight. You may experience a slight redness in the skin, but (if it occurs at all) it will fade within a few hours.
Is There Downtime?